Biology question help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Triumph111

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why would the introduction of a new species cause the previous species living there to be displaced ?

A) The new species had better adaptation
B) their are no predators for the new specie

I can see why both of those can both be right but only one is right.

Members don't see this ad.

Is the correct one B lol, I want to make sure I understand before I try to explain.

Wouldn't it be A? I would think that is the more general answer that covers more scenarios. B would assume that the previous species had a predator, which wouldn't necessarily be the case.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I actually don't know the answer..

Wouldn't it be A? I would think that is the more general answer that covers more scenarios. B would assume that the previous species had a predator, which wouldn't necessarily be the case.
Where did you get the question from? And I said B because my thought process was that the species was introduced, which I thought artificially, but I guess after thinking about it, the more correct answer would be A, as an example would be invasive species that take over due to competing with the native species. But it could also technically be B, since invasive species don't usually have predators and thus they can flourish. So! This was a bad question! Lol

Reactions: 1 user
Where did you get the question from? And I said B because my thought process was that the species was introduced, which I thought artificially, but I guess after thinking about it, the more correct answer would be A, as an example would be invasive species that take over due to competing with the native species. But it could also technically be B, since invasive species don't usually have predators and thus they can flourish. So! This was a bad question! Lol
I agree with you and think it's B after watching many YouTube videos on evolution. Does anyone else have any thoughts? Dr.Romano?