Biology section coverage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yankies90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
First, I'm not sure if this is right place to post this new thread.

I just wanted to know if anyone knows specifically what topics are covered in

General Biology section of PCAT.

I only took the first biology class and still have to take next Intro Bio and

Microbiology, but I'm trying to study ahead on PCAT

so please help :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
First, I'm not sure if this is right place to post this new thread.

I just wanted to know if anyone knows specifically what topics are covered in

General Biology section of PCAT.

I only took the first biology class and still have to take next Intro Bio and

Microbiology, but I'm trying to study ahead on PCAT

so please help :)

I am assuming you have not taken Human A&P? It might be difficult for you to grasp the info for Bio II, Human A&P I and II and Microbio before taking the PCAT. The Bio section in the Kaplan book should give you an idea as to what is covered, even though the Microbio is lacking to an extent.

(PS...you must be very lucky seeing that this is my 1000th post in these forums.)

lol Wow I just noticed it's your 1000th post. Congrat!!(?)
Anyway, thanks for the info. though.
I have two years before taking PCAT, and in that two years, I have to master PCAT, do research group, and volunteer at hospital pharmacy. Not only that, most importantly, I have to improve my english skills, that's why I'm studying ahead.
But, anyway, thanks a lot.

I will just go over Kaplan and do the Dr.Collin's next.
You think that I will be able to grasp general idea of what's on the PCAT by then?

lol Wow I just noticed it's your 1000th post. Congrat!!(?)
Anyway, thanks for the info. though.
I have two years before taking PCAT, and in that two years, I have to master PCAT, do research group, and volunteer at hospital pharmacy. Not only that, most importantly, I have to improve my english skills, that's why I'm studying ahead.
But, anyway, thanks a lot.

I will just go over Kaplan and do the Dr.Collin's next.
You think that I will be able to grasp general idea of what's on the PCAT by then?

If you are going to be taking the PCAT in 2 yrs time then I am quite positive that you would have taken the other necessary Bio courses so you should be exposed to the info. Just a reminder though, the Kaplan book and Dr. Collins are review materials and not necessarily a way for you to learn the info. So use the review materials to supplement the work you did in undergrad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright, thanks delano2000. But i'm a little confused here. So you saying, those review materials are not enough to help on real PCAT? Or do they still help but not that much?
Sorry for many questions

Alright, thanks delano2000. But i'm a little confused here. So you saying, those review materials are not enough to help on real PCAT? Or do they still help but not that much?
Sorry for many questions

Lol. What I mean is that you use them to review what you should already know but maybe don't remember.