Biology section on OAT

carolinev

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having a very hard time with the biology section. I've been studying AP flashcards and going through Kaplan but I am consistently scoring low on the bio section (270-280 range)!! I attempted some problems in the Destroyer, but they're actually harder than any other source I've tried. It only left me discouraged. Can anyone give some advice? Not sure what to do. I'm also a biology major and the class itself came very easy to me. I don't understand!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you looked at the bio questions on the practice ADA exam? I found the questions were similar to that caliber. I studied a bit from the Kaplan bio, but I honestly didn't think that helped. I just went into the exam cold on that section, and found that any of the information I knew was from my background knowledge in my college courses (I did really well in them). I would think that if the class came easy to you and you remember your class pretty well, you would do fine, at least getting above a 300 (I ended up with a 330 in bio). But of course, it could never hurt to study a lot if you are nervous!

So my first advice would be to check out the ADA practice exam, see how you feel after looking at that. :)

I think your best bet it is find a variety of study materials. Sometimes one might not cover enough as you may need. For example, I used the MCAT Princeton Review, Kaplan and a website called www.coursesaver.com. I ended up with a 370 in biology, and like what many people may tell you, the actually test might be a bit easier for you. Do what has been helping you study for classes. You can really treat this exam like any other exam you wrote in university (unlike the MCAT lol...).

Good Luck