Biology

aroen

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm just wondering for college admissions how bad a B or C looks. Since next year I was recommended into the AP Biology course at my school and everyone knows that she is the hardest (and perhaps the most dark hearted teacher) at our school but, preps us for the AP exam and from graduates from my school, I heard that she basically already taught all information needed for 3/4 years of biology at a university.

Should I stay in the class knowing that most grades are a B-? (Oh, also she makes it her desire to make each of our lives mieserable, chooses favourites and people she hates by race + social class + gender)

Members don't see this ad.

Yes.

Sort of. It really depends on where you're going, but most of the colleges you apply to will rather see you get B's in a harder class than an A in an easier class. Of course, the kid who took AP Bio and had a good teacher and got an A is going to win over you, because they can't factor in the ability of the teacher, but... Stick with it.

And don't waste your college admissions essay explaining to the counselors that you got a B in AP Bio because your teacher was a b!tch. Trust me, there are so many more interesting things that you have to say.

Definitely take it. Even if you get a B- in the class, if you pay attention and learn a lot, you can get a 5 on the AP exam. It'll show them that you actually have the mental capacity and that the class might be graded poorly.

Lol you should do the USABO and show her up.