Biomedical Science (BMS) Masters at Barry University - Fall 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stayfl0ssy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am currently a student in the Barry BMS program in Hollywood, FL. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! From previous years I heard that a lot of professors at Barry's are the same as NSU for the BMS programs. Do you know of that is currently the case?

Last edited:
As far as I know, only one professor from Nova (NSU) has taught in the Barry BMS program. He is currently teaching Pathology in the fall semester as an adjunct faculty, and he also sometimes teaches Medical Microbiology. However, BMS has a great relationship with Nova dental and medical school! Both schools are located very close to one another in south Florida. This year alone, at least 14 students were offered admission to Nova dental school and a few students were accepted to Nova medical school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I am currently a student in the Barry BMS program in Hollywood, FL. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Hey! I'm going to be attending this fall for the 18 month program. I know that it's a rigorous program yet very rewarding, but my question is how is the format of the exams? Are they written or on a computer? And did you get acceptances to any schools because of this program?

Hey! I'm going to be attending this fall for the 18 month program. I know that it's a rigorous program yet very rewarding, but my question is how is the format of the exams? Are they written or on a computer? And did you get acceptances to any schools because of this program?
Congratulations on your acceptance! I think you'll be very happy with your decision to come to Barry. All lecture exams are taken in class on your laptop using Examplify software and are typically multiple-choice format. Lab exams, such as Gross Anatomy lab, are typically hand-written fill-in-the-blank questions to identify structures on the anatomy models.
I will be applying this upcoming cycle. However over 75% of Barry BMS students who applied this past year have been to accepted to medical and dental schools!

Hi I’m starting the program on the medical track in Fall. I am searching for a roommate. Let me know if interested

Hello I’m currently applying to Barrys BMS program. Do you have to email all the forms and attachments or can you mail it to them. For example, my MCAT report. Also, what is the workload like? Is it similar to undergrad? And how many students are in the class?Thanks !

Hi! You are allowed to mail in your forms, but I recommend emailing them as it is easier and you can confirm they are received. The workload is challenging, more difficult than undergrad, but manageable if you stay on top of it daily. The fall cohort had 115 students; the lectures typically have 50 students or less. Let me know if you need anything else!

Hello I’m currently applying to Barrys BMS program. Do you have to email all the forms and attachments or can you mail it to them. For example, my MCAT report. Also, what is the workload like? Is it similar to undergrad? And how many students are in the class?Thanks !