Bird flu on ABC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jack Daniel

In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody watching/watched Tuesday night's Bird Flu movie on ABC? If so, does anyone wish to share their impressions of the movie? Aside from the over-the-top dramatization and speeding up the rate of events due to time constraints, it seems that it may do a good job in making people aware of the possible ramifications of a large-scale event such as a pandemic.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry I didn't watch it because I felt it was inflammatory, but I actually don't know if it came across that way. I don't subscribe much to the "sky is falling" mindset, but don't fault those who do either for the information they feel they might receive or for just entertainment.

As for large scale pandemics...I have my doubts there will be one, but my opinion is worth just that & nothing more.

Bird flu has been getting alot of play recently. Meanwhile JAMA has quietly published an article this month detailing just how far behind we are when it comes to REAL diseases like diabetes and heart disease compared to England. I actually am surprised how little attention this has garnered.