Birth control twice daily?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EML9255

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a script yesterday for bc and directions said take one q12h so as I was calling to clarify/on hold and one of the techs showed me the rx from previous months had the same directions and was annotated on that it was in fact bid the last time they had a new script for it

I talked to the nurse and she said yep it's twice daily.

I have never heard of this, anyone else see this or would like to educate me on the bid dosing purpose?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a script yesterday for bc and directions said take one q12h so as I was calling to clarify/on hold and one of the techs showed me the rx from previous months had the same directions and was annotated on that it was in fact bid the last time they had a new script for it

I have never heard of this, anyone else see this or would like to educate me on the bid dosing purpose?
was it for non birth control uses? (GI bleed, etc) ?

I had the same thing happen...and then the nurse called back 4 hours later and said it was supposed to be once a day. So, who knows?

In this case it was a young girl who was not producing a sufficient amount of hormones endogenously. Maybe Turner syndrome? Maybe history of oophorectomy? Dunno.

Members don't see this ad :)

My friend got rx for sprintec 1 bid once he was working.. when he called to verify they told him it was twice daily in order to stop bleeding. He has received few other rxs like that at his location.

And by the way when you call to verify, always ask for the reason as well. Even if nurse tells you yeah that's how they want, I would ask what's the reason behind it so I can document if I were you.

My friend got rx for sprintec 1 bid once he was working.. when he called to verify they told him it was twice daily in order to stop bleeding. He has received few other rxs like that at his location.

And by the way when you call to verify, always ask for the reason as well. Even if nurse tells you yeah that's how they want, I would ask what's the reason behind it so I can document if I were you.
Good tip! I will be sure to do that when something comes up again

I'm pretty sure it was nortrel 1/35 or something similar

That's normal for some girls to take the pill bid, she takes it in the morning for Joe and in the evening for Tom :)

Reactions: 1 users