Bit of a Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

v4runc00l

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have already submitted my primary to about 16 schools, got my MCAT today and was not satisfied with my score. I did not indicate a retake on my primary application but I do think I should retake. If I update my primary to show a retake in the future, will the schools that I already submitted the primary to get the updated information? What would you guys suggest I do? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure if the change will make a difference during this cycle; however, if your MCAT scores are less than desirable you always have the opportunity to retake and apply again next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
i agree with rickybobby, it's getting a lil late to study for, take and receive your scores before it becomes irrelevant. If it's really low I'd say don't waste your money on secondaries and try again next year.

I am a cali resident with 3.8 from a UC and 29Q (7VR, 12PS, 10BS). I heard that I should bring that verbal up a bit so thought about a retake in August or September? Would that be too late?

Oh and I am on the Fee Assistance Program, so paying for secondaries (and most primaries) isn't a concern. I would love to stay in cali though and was wondering what to do...

As others have indicated, it's probably too late for a re-take to help you this cycle. Since you're not worried about paying for secondaries, why not go ahead and submit them. Then give yourself enough time to do well the next time you take it.