Bitter about UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Manuelito

"I've made a huge mistake"-G.O.B
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have gotten interviews at almost all the schools I applied to and so far have been accepted to them. All of them but UCLA. I havent even gotten an interview. I know somebody who got in with lower stats than mine and no research experience at all!! :mad:I couldnt help but to feel bitter. :mad::mad:
So far I have made up my mind to go to TUFTS, :rolleyes: but seriously are they not going to call me??:confused:

I applied to Loma linda, USC, UCLA, Boston ,Tufts, howard and NY

What do you guys think????:D

Members don't see this ad.

I think you are being very inconsiderate to those people that haven't gotten in to school this cycle..... You should be happy that you got in at all and had a bunch of schools to choose from. This post is basically your way of bragging....... Rude if you ask me

sorry, but we all have our number one choice. Plus is not like i am taking all the spots. I can only attend one. I am just trying to figure out how do they choose who they interview. :confused:

Thank you for responding though.:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
What were your stats? Those other schools have lower averages than UCLA. Also, I was rejected from schools who took people with lower stats, it happens but normally for a reason. To add onto what the previous person said: you've been accepted to multiple schools, get over it and be happy. I know a bunch of people that are still waiting for one acceptance.

To be going to TUFTS, or any school because there are no bad dental schools, you should be :D not :rolleyes:.

One more thing, why did you decide to make this your first post on SDN? What did you expect to hear?

Don't compare to those who have lower stat. Compare to those who have higher stat or at least look at the avg stat for the school. I don't know if it is just me, but I get a feeling that your stat is probably lower than the avg for UCLA. (maybe around 21/3.6)

sorry, but we all have our number one choice. Plus is not like i am taking all the spots. I can only attend one. I am just trying to figure out how do they choose who they interview. :confused:

Thank you for responding though.:rolleyes:

i agree with btizzels.........

how would you feel if i said

"I have gotten interviews at almost all the schools I applied to and so far have been accepted to them. All of them but Harvard. I havent even gotten an interview. I couldnt help but to feel bitter. So far I have made up my mind to go to UCLA, but seriously are they not going to call me??"

you wont know how they choose unless you ask them. no one here knows unless someone is actually on the commitee.

edit: sorry for being cocky.......i was just trying to make a point. you guys can check my predent profile i didnt even apply to Harvard. for the record UCLA is my first choice and i am very thankful that i got in!

Well from your list UCLA seems to be the most selective school (by stats at least) that you applied to so it would make sense that it would be the school most likely to pass you up. I got rejected by Tufts and UoP with out even an interview offer, yet I got accepted to the two most selective schools I applied to, (again by the numbers) UCLA and UCSF. That just shows you how there are no guarantees. Are you in-state?

I have a similar story!!

I havent heard about UCLA either. I am sad! I know its hard to get over it!! but there is nothing you can do.
But i am going to TUFTS!!!!

UoP rejected you??
I thought that school was far more competitive than UCLA, you know for the 3 year program.

since when is it unacceptable to not feel emotions from not hearing from his top choice school? He wants to go to UCLA and feels a bit of resentment from not getting an interview. Big surprise. We'd all feel the same way.

UoP rejected you??
I thought that school was far more competitive than UCLA, you know for the 3 year program.

Well judging from the sentiments of people on SDN I could see how you can get this impression. I'm just going by the stats. The average gpa's and dat's have been higher for the UC's. Maybe it will change this cycle but that would be quite the jump.

Alright, here is my two cents about this thread. I understand what Manuelito is going through. Ironically, Ummjoey's hypothetical thread is my case. I am not trying to brag, but I was accepted to UCLA and UCSF out of state, as well as Columbia and Penn with the Dean's scholarship, but I didn't even get an interview to Harvard. I think that its normal to be a little upset, and to wonder why you were overlooked when you thought that you deserved an interview. By no means am I disappointed in going to UCLA - in fact I think that I would have chosen it over Harvard had I interviewed there - I loved the school and felt like it was the perfect fit for me. That being said, I am still a little resentful towards Harvard. I'll get over it though. I think that what it comes down to for a lot of these admission committees is that there are more "qualified" applicants than spots, or even interview spots, and so they just have to pick some people that will add diversity to their school. Manuelito, you still have some great options, and I'm sure that you are going to love whatever school that you end up attending. Good luck at wherever you end up attending, and don't necessarily give up on UCLA - my friend interviewed in June or July and was accepted and is currently attending UCLA.

I'm not feeling lots of schools. ...San Antonio, Kentucky, VCU. Sux to be ignored.

I'm really, really not feelin' ASDOH. They had me fly there just to reject me for a reason they knew of before they even interviewed me.

Feeling resentment after we've been rejected or ignored is normal.

Alright, here is my two cents about this thread. I understand what Manuelito is going through. Ironically, Ummjoey's hypothetical thread is my case. I am not trying to brag, but I was accepted to UCLA and UCSF out of state, as well as Columbia and Penn with the Dean's scholarship, but I didn't even get an interview to Harvard. I think that its normal to be a little upset, and to wonder why you were overlooked when you thought that you deserved an interview. By no means am I disappointed in going to UCLA - in fact I think that I would have chosen it over Harvard had I interviewed there - I loved the school and felt like it was the perfect fit for me. That being said, I am still a little resentful towards Harvard. I'll get over it though. I think that what it comes down to for a lot of these admission committees is that there are more "qualified" applicants than spots, or even interview spots, and so they just have to pick some people that will add diversity to their school. Manuelito, you still have some great options, and I'm sure that you are going to love whatever school that you end up attending. Good luck at wherever you end up attending, and don't necessarily give up on UCLA - my friend interviewed in June or July and was accepted and is currently attending UCLA.

why would you want to go to harvard anyway? in terms of dental reputation they're both at the same level, but you dont have to deal with all the snow at UCLA. plus you'll have awsome upper classmen to refer to like me. :D

I have gotten interviews at almost all the schools I applied to and so far have been accepted to them. All of them but UCLA. I havent even gotten an interview. I know somebody who got in with lower stats than mine and no research experience at all!! :mad:I couldnt help but to feel bitter. :mad::mad:
So far I have made up my mind to go to TUFTS, :rolleyes: but seriously are they not going to call me??:confused:

I applied to Loma linda, USC, UCLA, Boston ,Tufts, howard and NY

What do you guys think????:D

but seriously are you not going to call them and ask what your application status is?:confused: (this maybe should have happened before march?:confused:)

ps. you dont need to use 50x faces in your posts haha:smuggrin::smuggrin: