Bizarre Dream!

Started by Nico47
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nico47

New Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Warning: This post has nothing to do with anything educational or informative, it’s just my crazy dream with a PM&R twist! (I’m thinking someone out there can get a good laugh at my expense.) 😉

Here goes. . .

I’m at a zoo and someone is giving me a tour of the nursery. We enter the aquatic section and there are tanks for baby seahorses and tanks for little ducklings. One of the ducklings swims across a barrier and gets tangled in the seahorses for a moment. The zoo employee gets annoyed and explains to me that there’s a solution for little duckies like that. He then proceeds to pick up this adorable duckling, places him in a shiny red flotation ring, and snaps his neck! 😱 The duckling is immediately paralyzed from the neck down and I’m horrified. I see the duckling float away on his ring and the zoo employee goes on to say that this is common practice. I become enraged and question him about how he could do such a terrible thing. Meanwhile, he’s wondering what the big deal is all about. Finally I say (most seriously), “As one who has chosen PM&R, I am all about the preservation of function, NOT its destruction!”

Then I woke up, saw that my hands were still in clenched fists, and found the whole thing quite hilarious.

Yet another confirmation of what a big nerd I am. 😀