Blacklist schools that don't update status.

cyclohexane101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

BU... :rolleyes: literally NOTHING from them since I sent in the supplemental back in July lol

Reactions: 1 user
Quite a few for me. BU, Roseman, USC and Temple. Just heard back from Pacific after 10 months of silence.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's despicable and embarrassing that applicants don't even receive courtesy statuses over the duration of a year.

You're paying hard earned dollars (and an exorbitant amount at that) to get your application through the process, and there are administrative officers/admission board members whose job it is, who literally get paid and instructed to, to sit down, screen applicants, and notify them on decisions. There should be no excuses from admissions committees; every applicant who's paid money should get more than one status before December 1st on where they stand and what they should expect. The system and amount of leverage from schools is disgustingly corrupt, and I have no problem calling for a Stickied Thread in the future that lists out all of the schools who give you complete radio silence, if it means there are less applicants (and less money) willing to apply there because of it. Schools have zero problem demanding to take your money and force that hand upon you - you at least are obligated a response.

On what basis should a paying applicant who's statistically qualified and has a strong profile be completely iced out? Answer: there is none.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I think it's despicable and embarrassing that applicants don't even receive courtesy statuses over the duration of a year.

You're paying hard earned dollars (and an exorbitant amount at that) to get your application through the process, and there are administrative officers/admission board members whose job it is, who literally get paid and instructed to, to sit down, screen applicants, and notify them on decisions. There should be no excuses from admissions committees; every applicant who's paid money should get more than one status before December 1st on where they stand and what they should expect. The system and amount of leverage from schools is disgustingly corrupt, and I have no problem calling for a Stickied Thread in the future that lists out all of the schools who give you complete radio silence, if it means there are less applicants (and less money) willing to apply there because of it. Schools have zero problem demanding to take your money and force that hand upon you - you at least are obligated a response.

On what basis should a paying applicant who's statistically qualified and has a strong profile be completely iced out? Answer: there is none.
Not to mention that you have to take a really deep breath before dialing their number to just follow up your status after forever and feels like you are doing something wrong.:(

Reactions: 1 users
They should be blacklisted for the cost of tuition. It's basically robbery..