Blacks at UGA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kamiki13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm Kamika and I'm a new member of SDN but i've been on here researching and learning from everyone forever. Now that I've been accepted to pharm school I have questions. I have lots of friends at Mercer and has always been drawn to it but I got into UGA as well and I cant decide which i want to go to. Taking away the money factor, I've heard mixed reviews about blacks at UGA and Athens and I was wondering if there are any UGA students to speak on their experiences with the school.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I feel that both institutions have incredible opportunities for blacks and any other minority groups. Mercer has more black students (who are very intelligent, competitive, and qualified I'll add) due to their attraction to the diverse ethnic population of Atlanta and "home-like" atmosphere of the institution. UGA has more national name recognition and less blacks, yet offer a great opportunity for blacks to learn, grow, and focus intensely on studies. An institution where all of your "friends" attend may not be the best for one's professional growth. I've visited both and acknowledge both are fine institutions for blacks. I recommend everyone to step out of their comfort zone and focus on the diverse experiences that the instution bring and not so much on ethnicity. Good Luck to everyone!