Block system schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cuddlefish78

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My first choice school just changed over to a block system. I don't quite understand it. Are all block systems group based like Pacific in Oregon? How do various schools approach the block system? Any information would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

My first choice school just changed over to a block system. I don't quite understand it. Are all block systems group based like Pacific in Oregon? How do various schools approach the block system? Any information would be appreciated.

What's your school? Yes most schools are block systems, the 3 year ones. It's more intensive than the regular program and they focus on completing the course section by section..like pharmaceutics, pharmacology, pharmacy law etc

What's your school? Yes most schools are block systems, the 3 year ones. It's more intensive than the regular program and they focus on completing the course section by section..like pharmaceutics, pharmacology, pharmacy law etc

Hey this is the first time im hearing about this block system term... does this mean u get held back if u fail a class despite having the min gpa to move on to the next semester

Members don't see this ad :)
Washington state started it this year. They are a 4 year. You get 3 chances for each blocks tests. I am going to talk to wsu more about it next week.

Sounds like my program but the sad reality is that if it is the same, if you don't pass (ours is based off 85% pass) the third time you have to sit out that next rest of the year. Our third chance is during the winter or summer term so one could fail assessment 1.4 but pass everything after that and have to sit out all year long until the new class comes in and takes that class module with them. Basically it's being held back so it's not exactly being kicked out or failing out. But don't take my word off it-doubled check your university's policy.