Blood pressure.

Started by arteg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

arteg

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wanna buy an easy tool to measure & monitor Bl pressure. I'll send it to a friend as a gift. so would you please recommend a good brand to buy. better to be through an online store.

Thanks.
 
Hmmm. Well, it's an odd idea for a gift. If you do have a friend who is hypertensive and not in medicine, I'd reccomend that he or she ask their doctor if they could borrow a cuff because a lot of doctors have cuffs that they can loan patients. If you really want to buy one though, here is a website that sells them. I've bought books from this company which were priced favorably, I don't know too much about their equipment sales though:
http://www.medsiterewards.com/medsiterewards/home.asp
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are lots of automatic BP cuffs out there... you can even buy them at WalMart/Target/Walgreen's etc. Online I would just go to any of those stores and do a search for BP measurement or BP cuff or something along those lines. Or you could just click on the health tools and look from there.

Hope your friend's arm doesn't turn blue.

Q, DO
 
I just bought a home monitor because I developed gestational hypertension towards the end of my pregnancy.

Even though I'm comfortable using the manual cuff-and-stethascope set-up on other people, I opted to get an battery-operated digital version for home use, since it's easier to use by yourself.

I got a product by LifeSource: model UA-702. It has a cuff that you inflate manually with a bulb, and it gives you a digital readout of bp and pulse. It cost ~$60 and seems to work just fine. There are other fancier (and more $$) models that self-inflate, or have memory to store previous readings and so forth, but I figured I didn't need that stuff.
 
BP is easy to measure....I had some Paramedics teach me when I visited their booth at a parade............😀