Blowing off steam

Started by lazyjayn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lazyjayn

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, as deadlines draw near, classes really get going, and nerves begin thinking about new ways to fray, I thought this was something good to get started now, before every one goes bat-$h!t-crazy here again.

What does everyone do when things get too crazy and they need to vent? I used to play diablo2, but the laptop of w00t 1337 battery-ness doesn't have that kinda power (yeah, sad, I know).

Instead, I try (yeah, try) to play golf when it's available, and ice skate when it's not. Golf works for me because no matter how bad I am (and oh my, am I ever bad....) I can swing and swing until my shoulder screams, and just whack the ever loving hell out of that ball. And even if I don't hit the ball, I get a satisfying chunk of dirt.

Skating... I wish I were good enough (and could get dr. clearance) to play hockey, but I'm not, so I just go as fast as I can, as hard as I can, trying new stuff I can't do until I'm totally exhausted. Better than running, and my knees enjoy it more.

oooh- and at night, when it's not too cold, and I'm not working, I like to just go for long wandering walks.

Anyone else?
 
I like to go to the shooting range and fire off sound rounds. Or pamper myself somehow, but after shelling out a big chunk of change for VMCAS I don't think I can afford any pampering.
Looks like its back to the shooting range, or a suicidal bike-ride down one of the many mountains around my parts.

Also, diablo2 sounds like a great idea. I like to get on the x-box live and turn the microphone on and play some Social Slayer on Halo2 and beat the s*it out of all the guys who make fun that a girl is playing and then give them a hard time while I melee them in the face. Now I'm excited.
 
I... umm... take a bath. Or take a nap. Or both.

I suppose cooking is something I do to take my mind of things... but only if it's dessert. I'm never that excited to make dinner, but if someone needs a cake, pie, or cookies, I'm stoked. I try not to just make things for myself all the time... I'd like my jeans to fit for a while.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
play brickbreaker on my phone (anyone else??? it's addicting and when i start i can't stop!), clean (weird, i know), or ummm get on SDN to waste time and forget about everything else 😀
 
i go to the gym or let it out at jiujitsu. ets is pissing me off lately because they're taking their sweet @ss time w/ the scores...they better not f it up...
 
Definitely hockey.

The day someone tells me I can't play hockey is the day that person goes on my IRL ignore list.
 

Attachments

  • flyers2.jpg.jpg
    flyers2.jpg.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 151
  • flyers4.jpg.jpg
    flyers4.jpg.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 150
  • flyers6.jpg.jpg
    flyers6.jpg.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 169
  • flyers3.jpg.jpg
    flyers3.jpg.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 157
  • flyers5.jpg.jpg
    flyers5.jpg.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 166
  • flyers1.jpg.jpg
    flyers1.jpg.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 170
Mountain bike racing! Or, a good 60 mile road bike ride. Anything to break a satisfying sweat will do.
 
Nyanko, you are truly a girl after my own heart, even if your choice in teams leaves a bit to be desired. 😎 Flyhi, you know what I think about you already. 😛 I like to skate and ride my bike too, but being a vet student now, I do not have the time to fart, much less take joy rides. I study to relieve stress, or so I tell myself. :laugh:

2/207th a veterinarian
 
A really good roll in the hay 😀. I know, i know....but, it IS true. Sorry, must have been just the mere sight of caninerepro's post 😍

i'll go now.
 
A really good roll in the hay 😀. I know, i know....but, it IS true. Sorry, must have been just the mere sight of caninerepro's post 😍

i'll go now.

People you will have to forgive flyhi, she likes to tease and make promises she knows she will not have to carry out. I apologize for her lack of culture. 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad