Blueprints Step 1 Q&A

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GiJoe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
this is a new book i just checked out from our school's library...from what i heard, blueprints has some really good question books in other subjects (esp in 3rd year). Has anyone taken this blue prints exam and if so, how does it compare to the real thing... i was flipping through it and was getting a lot of them right ( more than usual)... is it easier than the real thing or have i actually gotten a little smarter!?!?

Members don't see this ad.

yo GI

ive been looking at it too. although i havent taken step1 yet they do seem to be a little easy. ive only done like 2 sets of 50 but ive gotten at least 33 right on each so i dont know.They do seem easy but hey man your still going to learn some stuff from it that you dont know. every little bit helps.

later

Originally posted by NebelDO
yo GI

ive been looking at it too. although i havent taken step1 yet they do seem to be a little easy. ive only done like 2 sets of 50 but ive gotten at least 33 right on each so i dont know.They do seem easy but hey man your still going to learn some stuff from it that you dont know. every little bit helps.

later

If you compare the released NMBE quesions to available questions from the standard questions banks, some of the NMBE questions do APPEAR easy. But they aren't all as straightforward as them seem. Most of them get you to actually think, which I find refreshing. A few of them seemed off the wall at first, like, "A bee stings you on the forearm. What process is occuring 5 minutes later?" Seems simple, but it trips many people up that didn't think while learning the material but just memorized crap/trivia.

Also, you consider 66% easy? (Sounds more like difficult to me, at least in relative terms.) For board review material I only consider them easy, if I am scoring 85%+.

Members don't see this ad :)
right now i havent done any kind of organzied board review yet. ive just been doing some questions here and there when im bored studying my systems courses. but since i havent done much board review as of yet i consider 66% a little easy "in reletive terms" as you put it.
to put it another way comparing it to the BSS its much easier.

You are correct, anything relative to Board simulator series is easy. I just finished 2 full exams and boy are they humbling. I've haven't seen so many red marks since the stock market crash. Makes the BRS questions look pathetic.

I dont know how people can study using BSS... doing those questions makes me feel freakin depressed. Anyone else feel the sameway?

Originally posted by fernj1975
You are correct, anything relative to Board simulator series is easy. I just finished 2 full exams and boy are they humbling. I've haven't seen so many red marks since the stock market crash. Makes the BRS questions look pathetic.