BMAT exam for U of Cambridge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AP gooner

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone write the BMAT exam or know if it's needed for GEP at UC? I really would love to be in the UK (especially at such a university) but I'm not sold on writing another standardized test so soon.... doing the MCAT twice is enough for me for this year.

Just wanted to know if anyone has any info to share about the BMAT and/or UK schools in general?

Members don't see this ad.

I was in the very first cohort to take the BMAT. I vaguely recall there were weird 'reasoning' questions, a written essay portion and some math. I don't think its anywhere near as difficut as MCAT. There weren't any prep books back then but I'm sure there must be more than a few now as it's been going on for several years.
I remember that UCL ( a well regarded London med school) used to offer automatic interviews to anyone who scored above 5.5. I have no idea whether they still do though it's probably on their website somewhere.

anyone write the BMAT exam or know if it's needed for GEP at UC? I really would love to be in the UK (especially at such a university) but I'm not sold on writing another standardized test so soon.... doing the MCAT twice is enough for me for this year.

Just wanted to know if anyone has any info to share about the BMAT and/or UK schools in general?
Don't quote me on this but I heard that Oxford/Cambridge wants a combined BMAT score of at least 21 in order to be considered. I cannot guarantee that this information is accurate. Best contact the GEP admissions tutors directly for accurate information.

A combined score of 19 and above is needed to gain a guaranteed interview at University College of London (UCL).