This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KayRee

Reaction score
I will be applying to he BMS program at Rosalind Franklin University for this year-2019. My strategy was to apply early. unfortunately I had a very tragic family situation that has gotten me way off schedule. I am scheduled to take the mcat in may. The deadline to apply is in June. Has anyone applied that late and still was accepted to the program? thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

KayRee,

BMS grad class of 2017-2018 and M1 here. I'm sorry to hear about your family situation. I wish you and your family the best. I spoke with the BMS program director just now. Your best option if you want to do the program is to apply ASAP and indicate the date of your MCAT. If you have a GRE, you can use that to apply too and the application will be considered immediately, especially if it is competitive. If you do not have a GRE score readily available and you are taking your MCAT in May, the program may offer you acceptance following application on the condition that your MCAT score when received is above a 496. If not, acceptance will be rescinded. If by late, you mean applying after the deadline, then that is a different story, I don't know of anyone in my class that did that and was accepted. On the other hand, I do know several people who applied in the summertime around June and near the July 1st deadline that was still accepted. Some logistics on that though...
Know that when your application is submitted, the BMS admissions team cannot send that to the decisions committee until an MCAT score is received. The committee simply won't approve that application without that information. Once your MCAT score arrives in June, it takes the comittee a few weeks (2-3 he mentioned) for them to come to a decision. Following that, they would send you your acceptance. So, what that means is, you'd likely not hear a response until the end of July or early August. Classes generally start the week of August 14th with orientation usually the week before. So, if you live local to the North Chicago area, moving and getting a place to live near campus/commuting will be much easier. This is opposed to living in somewhere in California. That's not to deter you from applying, but just so you can make the best decision for yourself. If you have more questions like this, reach out to Dr. Weiand, he's the coordinator I spoke to. Another person you can reach is Yovanna Pomerico, she deals with admissions and is also a program director. Their contact info is below for your convenience. I talked to them today and let them know a student may be reaching out. Best of luck to you and your process!

[email protected]

[email protected]

Reactions: 1 user