Boads Guide recomendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

The new Part I of boards is in March. . . . any advice on how to begin preparing 😕
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The KMK guide is very good for Boards review. The edition I got had some updates post publishing so I had to write in some corrections, but I also found a few more more corrections that needed to be made. There were some things that didn't seem quite right and I ended up comfirming thorugh other references like Adler's Physiology of the Eye and Clinical Anatomy of the Visual System by Remington to make sure the book was correct, and I would recommend doing the same as then you know that you know it. As far as prep, I remember devoting 2-3 hours a day on studying for a good ten weeks to prepare for the exam. Pretty sure you can get away with less. Start/join a group of classmates to summarize relevant texts (Remington, Visual Perception, etc) chapter by chapter. Also suggest making yourself a study schedule from the topics on the NBEO list and hitting the topics with the most questions first before hitting the smaller sections. Hope this helps. It is just a hoop to jump through. If you prepare, you will pass.
 
The KMK guide is very good for Boards review. The edition I got had some updates post publishing so I had to write in some corrections, but I also found a few more more corrections that needed to be made. There were some things that didn't seem quite right and I ended up comfirming thorugh other references like Adler's Physiology of the Eye and Clinical Anatomy of the Visual System by Remington to make sure the book was correct, and I would recommend doing the same as then you know that you know it. As far as prep, I remember devoting 2-3 hours a day on studying for a good ten weeks to prepare for the exam. Pretty sure you can get away with less. Start/join a group of classmates to summarize relevant texts (Remington, Visual Perception, etc) chapter by chapter. Also suggest making yourself a study schedule from the topics on the NBEO list and hitting the topics with the most questions first before hitting the smaller sections. Hope this helps. It is just a hoop to jump through. If you prepare, you will pass.

thank you!

Is there a way for us to purchase the KMK review book? Our school does not offer their courses.
 
Last edited:
I remember having to purchase it from the company website, which apparently now is www.kmkedu.com. Also look into purchasing it from a 3rd or 4th year, as I was happy to do that after I knew I passed.
 
Regarding my previous post, I was unaware that KMK was offering classes at each school. I only had the option to purchase the book from them back when I took Part I. I don't know if they will only sell the review book, but I would ask them about it if they do not offer the class at your school.