Board Certification in Pharmacy

• Thread starter Deleted member 866992
  • Start date
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Deleted member 866992

Hey,I'm a second year PharmD and I wish to practise in California. I am aware of the criteria and process regarding the licensure exams.I would like to know about the board certification...i have no idea about it.
1.What is the minimum year gap after NAPLEX certification?
2.What are the exams for it?
3.What are other requirements I need to fulfill?
4.What are the types of specialization(please provide a list of all categories)?
Any information would be useful

I have been specifically thinking about getting in BCOP.
Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that's what I've asked
Why so xenophobic??

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think that's what I've asked
Why so xenophobic??

I’m not xenophobic in the slightest. However, there are folks on here that answer virtually every question from a pharmacy student, especially foreign graduates, with long diatribes about pharmacy saturation. My hope was to head off these trolls with my snarky comment and avoid, for you, another saturation thread.

I’m not xenophobic in the slightest. However, there are folks on here that answer virtually every question from a pharmacy student, especially foreign graduates, with long diatribes about pharmacy saturation. My hope was to head off these trolls with my snarky comment and avoid, for you, another saturation thread.
Alright, thanks. I'm looking forward to not posting here again

There are those who write irrelevant rants and those who will offer frank and helpful advice. Picking out the real talk in this forum is an interesting challenge.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey,I'm a second year PharmD and I wish to practise in California. I am aware of the criteria and process regarding the licensure exams.I would like to know about the board certification...i have no idea about it.
1.What is the minimum year gap after NAPLEX certification?
2.What are the exams for it?
3.What are other requirements I need to fulfill?
4.What are the types of specialization(please provide a list of all categories)?
Any information would be useful

I have been specifically thinking about getting in BCOP.
Thank you in advance

1. Minimum is 3 years of practice in that specialty. Some specialty requires 4 years.
2. Become a licensed pharmacist and employed in that field.
3. Exam varies from specialty to specialty.
4. There are 7-8 different specialties.

Most of information is from here: Board of Pharmacy Specialties Homepage

Good luck

PS: California is truly saturated. You will have to compete with many qualified applicants. Expect a ratio like : 50 applicants for 1 clinical job.

Reactions: 1 user
Some of us are quite frankly a bit tired of people asking how they can land x unicorn position in y ultra saturated region with no residency, hence the flaming.

Reactions: 1 users
BCOP is useless and unattainable without oncology work experience and/or PGY-2 in onc.

And that’s probably the hardest BPS exam with the lowest pass rate. I’ve seen experienced onc pharmacists fail because of the peds component.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user