Board certification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cristagali

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AFter I graduate a residency program, I am BE right? When do I take the board to become Board Certified? Thanks 🙂
 
During the third year of residency (I think?) 😕 I remember the FP residents at one of the hospitals I did a rotation at were taking it around March or April of their third year of residency.
 
It makes sense. But I see job ads for BE/BC docs, which would mean, some folks don't do boards right away...I guess. thanks 😀
 
I think it just means what it means...... That people done with residency and the boards can apply as well as PGY-3s. Kind of like how both MDs and "MD eligibles" can apply for PGY1 spots.