czanetti

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2005
Fort Worth, Texas
Status
Medical Student
Does anyone have a list of all the osteopathic medical schools with each schools individual board pass rates?

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
Status
Medical Student
czanetti said:
Does anyone have a list of all the osteopathic medical schools with each schools individual board pass rates?
OSU-COM has had 99-100% the past few years.
AZCOM had 100% last year.

I'm not familiar with the others.

I would think that the mean scores would be more helpful than just the pass rate. You should be more concerned with doing well than just passing.

OP
czanetti

czanetti

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2005
Fort Worth, Texas
Status
Medical Student
I agree if anyone has the mean scores for each school that would be better

scpod

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
czanetti said:
No, but we do know how often they pass gas.

Try a search of "board pass rates" and you'll find over 900 hits.

OP
czanetti

czanetti

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2005
Fort Worth, Texas
Status
Medical Student
I already did so but I couldn't find a single one that showed board pass rates or average scores for each individual osteopathic medical school. The point of me asking the question was to compare the schools not just to know a general idea about all osteopathic schools.

JonnyG

IN the hospitals....
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2004
Bala Cynwyd, too cool for philly
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You will find that almost every school claims to be above the average pass rate of 92% which doesn't make a lot of sense. The problem is no school is required to release this information and it is only gotten through second hand sources that may or may not be reliable

scpod

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
czanetti said:
I already did so but I couldn't find a single one that showed board pass rates or average scores for each individual osteopathic medical school.
Ummmm... that should have given you a clue that no such list exists. If you'll actually read some of the posts from the search, that would become apparent.

OP
czanetti

czanetti

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2005
Fort Worth, Texas
Status
Medical Student
I did read some of the posts and I did get the idea but as you would know as time passes new information is released and most of the posts discussing this topic in depth were not that recent. But thanks for all your help

scpod

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
czanetti said:
I did read some of the posts and I did get the idea but as you would know as time passes new information is released and most of the posts discussing this topic in depth were not that recent. But thanks for all your help
You know, the best thing to really do is to call those schools directly that you are interested in. You may, or may not, get the information. Some schools won't release it. These partiucular threads often will devolve into a "my school is better than your school" argument. The information you get is suspect at best because you don't really know who the poster is on the other side. Call the schools-- you should be able to half-way believe what they tell you.

OP
czanetti

czanetti

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2005
Fort Worth, Texas
Status
Medical Student
Thanks I definetly understand what your saying I'll just give each school I'm applying to a call.

Kuba

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
NYC
Status
Attending Physician
my future school kicks your future schools arse in the comlex pass rate.. BOOYAH!

scpod

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
DRKUBA said:
my future school kicks your future schools arse in the comlex pass rate.. BOOYAH!
I had a feeling you would show up and cause trouble :laugh: