board prep?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teething

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've got to ask....

Those of you studying for the boards, based on what you have been going over as far as old tests, dental decks, etc....

On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest) how well do you think you're dental school's curriculum has prepared you for the boards?

I understand that no matter how great the curriculum is, one needs to study like mad on their own, but do you feel your school has covered the bulk of the topics pretty thoroughly?

Members don't see this ad.

Overall I think at my school we were prepared well. From what I've gathered from others there is a lot of little details on the test that no one learns at school, you just learn it from old tests and decks. I would say the only downfall at UNLV is our path classes. They're pretty horrid.

I have the same feelings as the previous poster. At Arizona we had a good foundation, but there were lots of little things we didn't learn. I think we can get excellent (90+) scores, but the burden of doing that is on us.

Our path class was also a joke. They payed some dingaling to NOT teach us. That is, he wrote a textbook and then came to campus three times. It was basically independent study.