Board Review study group structure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PoohDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to start a weekly board review study group with my classmates this semester. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to structure it?

I was suggested to do a system based approach and have people present on different topics for each system, but beyond that I'm not sure what the most efficient structure would be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i dunno, but for me personally the problem i had with group study is that presenting/discussing stuff takes soo much time, if I already understand the concepts/mechanisms from reading myself, then instead of having to hear it from another person, i'd rather spend that time doing questions. I had tried group study a few times but didn't work out, cuz everyone went at different paces. I always wondered how other peeps made it work too. For me, I would only do the most difficult topics in group study, like concepts that people had difficulty with, other than that I would only use group study as motivation, to stick to a certain schedule every week/day. I do want to know other peeps ideas too, that have found group study works, because I can't seem to make it work for me, so i'm going solo. :scared:

We did not do any formal group study but instead met once a week for 2-3 hours and just did the Underground Vignettes. We would pass the book around in a circle and have one person read while the other people attempted to make the diagnosis, come up with any management issues, etc. Then at the end we talked about the really high yield points from each case and the things we needed to make sure to remember. It seemed to be a very valuable 2-3 hours.

Thanks for the useful advice! I'm sure we'll figure out what works best for us as we go along. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
my bad, my message was submitted before i read the end of your message. nevermind.

I'm going to start a weekly board review study group with my classmates this semester. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to structure it?

I was suggested to do a system based approach and have people present on different topics for each system, but beyond that I'm not sure what the most efficient structure would be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

My suggestion would be 1. keep it small and 2. use the recall series books in the question and answer format. Good luck...