Board Scores for Specific Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

U4iA

εὐφορία
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there.
i am going to keep a list here of random useful info relating board scores to specific residency programs. feel free to contribute a link.
ophtho: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=253556

Members don't see this ad.

i doubt it - i don't believe this information gets published. perhaps individual programs keep it for their own internal use, but only averages are published annually by the nrmp.

Agreed...there is no centralized source other than the averages by specialty as reported by the NRMP.

Programs do usually have the data and sometimes its posted on the website of the department, but I would suggest you assume you will not get this data from most and instead get the party line, "we review all applications received without attention to board scores.";)

thanks for the info...

how about a thread where people discuss their interviews/scores for given programs?

thanks for the info...

how about a thread where people discuss their interviews/scores for given programs?

Check in the forum pertaining to your specialty of choice; I am not aware of a glut of such threads.

For surgery we would generally suggest above 220 as a minimum, although certainly people with lower scores have been successful (the problem you will see with any field).

If only this information were easily accessible...

It's like the pre-meds being spoiled with the "average GPA, average MCAT" stats through the MSAR, etc. :)

If only this information were easily accessible...

It's like the pre-meds being spoiled with the "average GPA, average MCAT" stats through the MSAR, etc. :)

LOL!

You may be exactly right...it was available for med school so they figure the same is available for residency. Just wait until they get to fellowship (where it is even less available because few people really care).:smuggrin: