board scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HotFratBoy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what type of board score do you need to have to get interviews/matched at some of the top ranked programs? Would you need a 240+?

Members don't see this ad.

230+ will get you almost any interview.

220+ will get you a lot of interviews.

But even 190+ should get you in somewhere.

There are a lot of other factors involved (like the rest of your app. and luck). Sometimes there is no logic, for instance I got an interview at UCSF, and a rejection from OHSU. Go figure.

230+ will get you almost any interview.

220+ will get you a lot of interviews.

But even 190+ should get you in somewhere.

There are a lot of other factors involved (like the rest of your app. and luck). Sometimes there is no logic, for instance I got an interview at UCSF, and a rejection from OHSU. Go figure.

WOW! that seems really random!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I got interviews from BID and BW and etc, but got rejected from UMiami and Tufts.
Same thing here....interviews at Duke, Hopkins, but not from a program on probation!

I was told that 3 or 4 people sit down and start going through applications. Each different application sorter will usually be impressed by different things. So if you get unlucky and get into the PhD sorter's pile and you have no research, you may be out of luck. So basically, you just have to cross your fingers and hope that your app gets thrown in the right pile. Just what I've heard.