Board Simulator Series

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TerpMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy the CD version of the Board Simulator Series. I also have a classmate looking for it as well. Is anyone looking to sell a copy? Does anyone know where I can get a copy? Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I am wondering how people approach BSS? Do you use it during the school year or during crunch time?

btw...it would probably be easier to download the bss cd. you should google it.

I tried google but I can't find it anywhere. Do you have a website you know of? Thanks!

BSS seems to not be so popular these days. you can get the paperback versions for DIRT cheap on Amazon now. I got perfectly clean versions for about $2 each (shpping is $ though). LOL! In the back of the book the questions are broken down by subject if you want to go over say all the pharm in Resp, CV, and Heme. There was not a breakdown by system.

I have the program CD and the books but will probably use the books. There are also PDF versions of the book out there. I only purchased the 3 system based books and skipped the 2 Normal process books. each book is 770 questions and add a Qbank I'm already sitting at 5K questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used these books as well, and found them on Amazon for something like $5 each (including shipping). For the score I ended up with, these books were worth WAY more than that.

I am wondering how people approach BSS? Do you use it during the school year or during crunch time?

btw...it would probably be easier to download the bss cd. you should google it.

I tried using BSS and Robbins Review of Path for the heme block i just had. It seems to me that in most cases, you will be unable to get through all of these questions.

In terms of question quality, I would say that they are comparable, and BSS might have slightly more extensive explanations. The only annoyance for BSS is that it is full of practice tests that are not broken down by organ system... so I had to wade through all the cardio and respiratory questions to find the heme ones.

You can change BSS to organ system and just use it in tutor mode. And I agree with you, you have to be really hardcore to get through all questions for the particular organ system at the end of the block!

I think I am going to spread out BSS over a week at the end of the block and I have been using Robbins Qbook every weekend for review.