BOARD STUDY--- criticism/suggestions???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDpride

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan to go thru USMLE WORLD by the end of APRIL.
Then use NORTH WESTERN MEDICAL REVIEW QBANK my college will provide.

I will get done w/ RESP. by the end of week.

Use SPRING BREAK to go thru CARDIO,HEM/ONC, NEURO for first time and solve 48 Qs from USMLE WORLD for each of them.

Plan to Review and MEMORIZE BIOCHEM and IMMUNO. I have gone thru them once and solved 48Qs from USMLE WORLD for each.

AFTER SPRING BREAK, I plan to MEMORIZE CARDIO, HEMONC, NEURO,RESP. DETAILS.

IN SUMMARY, I plan to go thru as many sytems as i can in spring break for first time to understand and solve 48 Qs from USMLE WORLD to check understanding. Then, SPEND time MEMORIZING relevant info until APRIL.

BOOKS: FA 2009, GOLJAN, BRS PHYS, HY NEURO, brenners pharm cards, CMMRS, HY CELL& MOL.

Members don't see this ad.

I plan to go thru USMLE WORLD by the end of APRIL.
Then use NORTH WESTERN MEDICAL REVIEW QBANK my college will provide.

I will get done w/ RESP. by the end of week.

Use SPRING BREAK to go thru CARDIO,HEM/ONC, NEURO for first time and solve 48 Qs from USMLE WORLD for each of them.

Plan to Review and MEMORIZE BIOCHEM and IMMUNO. I have gone thru them once and solved 48Qs from USMLE WORLD for each.

AFTER SPRING BREAK, I plan to MEMORIZE CARDIO, HEMONC, NEURO,RESP. DETAILS.

IN SUMMARY, I plan to go thru as many sytems as i can in spring break for first time to understand and solve 48 Qs from USMLE WORLD to check understanding. Then, SPEND time MEMORIZING relevant info until APRIL.

BOOKS: FA 2009, GOLJAN, BRS PHYS, HY NEURO, brenners pharm cards, CMMRS, HY CELL& MOL.

I scored 55-60% right in BIOCHEM and IMMUNO after going thru them ONCE.
If I hadn't DOUBTED MYSELF, I would have gotten few more Qs right.

is it good or I need to do better?

I think ideally you want to hit 70s and it depends on how you want to do on the test. I haven't done UW yet in all honesty but I know for Qbank, you want to be in the upper 60s and 70s. When are you taking the test?

I think ideally you want to hit 70s and it depends on how you want to do on the test. I haven't done UW yet in all honesty but I know for Qbank, you want to be in the upper 60s and 70s. When are you taking the test?

Your % for UWorld should be significantly below what you're getting with Qbank or Rx. If I needed to hit the 70s in Uworld before taking the test I would be looking for a new career.

Members don't see this ad :)
After I solve set of 48Qs, when I click on REVIEW tab , on the top it gives you USMLEWORLD user AVG. for that set of 48 Qs.

Your % for UWorld should be significantly below what you're getting with Qbank or Rx. If I needed to hit the 70s in Uworld before taking the test I would be looking for a new career.

Oh yeah? Good to know! I'll be starting UW in a week after my last final at the beginning of my 4 week board prep and I'll post how I'm doing and do a comparison. I'm averaging 61% in Qbank and hopefully this will increase once I sit down and review previous material instead of juggling it with school.

Indeed, that is good to know. Is the goal of hitting in the 70's the case for everything but UWorld, then? I'm at about 59% on Rx after bombing 2 renal practice tests, so that seems like a fairly realistic goal. Let's hope it's enough.

edit: Also, how does WebPath figure in? I seem to be rocking their questions pretty handily but not doing anywhere near as well on Rx's path and pathophys.

ok, i am now 72% done with UW and still scoring a 55% ( i picked on this score in the 1st week of starting UW). And i have not done any studying except for solving UW (which took around 7 hrs a day doing 96 questions). i plan to retake UW subscription a few months from now (the one i currently have is going to expire on 16th of march). so how much time (months and hours/day) would i need to donate inorder to score >250. and how much is expected of me in scoring for UW in second pass (consider that i will also forget the question stem--ofcourse i will learn the points taken before taking 2nd subscription)
thanks