Board study schedule during COVID

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

westsidestoryz

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was planning to travel and relax during the summer but with the virus, everything has been cancelled. So I wanted to start studying for boards (although I’ve been advised not to).

anyone have tips on which materials I should get and which area I should focus on?
If someone made a weekly schedule, mind sharing it on here as well?
Thanks all
 
Hi Ixacex.
When exactly are you planning on taking your Step 1?

If you are several months out, I would recommend getting through all of sketchy pharm and micro. Those two resources are extremely useful. However, they also very time consuming and therefore not reasonable to get through during a 4-8 week designated study period. Try to go through Pathoma one time through as well. I would also recommend starting some kind of Q bank during this time. If you would rather save UWorld until designated, then Kaplan Q bank is a great alternative.

I'd be happy to give you a better break down when I know what month you are planning on taking the exam.

Best,
Annette G, MD, MPH - USMLE Tutor and Residency Advisor at Med School Tutors