Boards: ABP Assesment vs. Actual exam

Started by Forven
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Forven

ALCAPA
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did the ABP assessment exam and found it to be fairly straightforward. Scored 81% on it. Surprising to me since I am scoring ~60% on PREP. Is the ABP self-assessment exam similar to the actual board exam?
 
Did the ABP assessment exam and found it to be fairly straightforward. Scored 81% on it. Surprising to me since I am scoring ~60% on PREP. Is the ABP self-assessment exam similar to the actual board exam?
I've heard that it's much easier than the real thing, but would also like to hear more input from folks who have taken both
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The self assessment has questions taken directly from recertification exams, which are anecdotally easier, and have much higher pass rates (mid 90s compared to mid to low 80s) than the general exam.
 
Did the ABP assessment exam and found it to be fairly straightforward. Scored 81% on it. Surprising to me since I am scoring ~60% on PREP. Is the ABP self-assessment exam similar to the actual board exam?


Hi! I am currently preparing for exams, and I am in the same boat as you were. I scored 80.93% on the self assessment, but mid 60's during prep. Wondering how you felt about the scores in comparison to your real score from the exam. I am assuming that you took it last year. It would be really helpful to know! thanks so much
jasmine
 
The self assessment has questions taken directly from recertification exams, which are anecdotally easier, and have much higher pass rates (mid 90s compared to mid to low 80s) than the general exam.

This is accurate. The self assessment questions are less convoluted and pedantic than some of the board questions.