Boards and Wards Edition comparisons

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mideis79

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was trying to find a comparisons of the editions of Boards and wards. Surprisingly enough I couldn't find any direct comparison. I have the 2nd ed. Is it worth buying the 3rd ed to study for step 3? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

LWW sent me this book in order to edit it last year. They corrected some of the typos that were in the second edition, and added some EKG pages and a few more cardio and miscellaneous pages. Otherwise, it is almost the same book. It is up to you how much those EKG's and such are worth it to you. You can probably find most of those extra pages of information in first aid or another resource if you plan on studying more than one resource.

I'd have to disagree. I have both editions, and the while the third edition has essentially the same info, there are far more pictures and color illustrations in it that make it a much more stimulating book.

If you're using B&W for step 3 and have the 2d edition with notes scribbled all over it, then perhaps you should stick with it because of all the personally added content. I annotated a fair amount, but the diagrams and pictures were a draw, so I'm going to read through it for step 3. And UW, of course.