spsrgy

5+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2009
Jackson, Mississippi
Status
Pre-Medical
My school has purchased Boards Boot Camp for everyone had has really been pushing it down our throats. The representatives recently spoke to us about how they had close to a 100% passing rate etc.
I was wondering if anyone here had experience with the program? There are a few things about it that bother me. First of all just take a look at the website: http://www.boardsbootcamp.com/. I could design a better one in 2 days. It just makes me feel a little uncomfortable with choosing them. Also I can't find much on them online either. There are a few students that stand by their side but not many. I believe that the representative also got cornered into basically admitting that their USMLE average score is lower than the national average. (I understand that they are heavily COMLEX focused though). I'm pretty much an average student but plan to buckle down and want to somehow own Step 1 :)..don't know if that will happen but I'll try.

What worries me is putting all my faith into this program and going with their study schedule, videos, and books for the next few months.

What do you guys think? Should I adopt a self-study plan instead and maybe try to integrate some of BBC's material with pathoma, brs, etc. I have found a few solid study plans online that are pretty much USMLE Qbanks + Savarese for OMT.

I've also been reading into the Taus plan and it seems very highly regarded on the forums? Could it be combined with Boards boot camp?

Thanks for the help..I know a lot of students at my school are in the same boat as me so any advice would be very much appreciated!

P.S : Would you take both the comlex and USMLE? I plan on going into IM.

Bacchus

Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
I'll reply in the next day or so.

Apoplexy__

Blood-and-thunder appearance
5+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2012
Up on the Hydra's back
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I dunno man, sounds like you have some serious misgivings for some good reasons. Stick with the tried and true methods and resources, and ignore the pressure from your school.

I'm taking both USMLE and COMLEX and would recommend it. Somewhere between 33-50% of my class takes both each year. I'd recommend UWorld + FA + Savarese, or the Taus method if you're ambitious.