Boards Case Collections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PeaJay

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So given the current CMS recommendation of suspension of elective procedures, do we think the powers at be will give an extended timeline for boards collection?

People I have talked to think it will be 6 months to a year until things are back to normal in regards to supply chains for medical supplies etc. This will cause a huge ripple effect for outpatient based providers.

Members don't see this ad.

So given the current CMS recommendation of suspension of elective procedures, do we think the powers at be will give an extended timeline for boards collection?

People I have talked to think it will be 6 months to a year until things are back to normal in regards to supply chains for medical supplies etc. This will cause a huge ripple effect for outpatient based providers.

Complain to your high powered former attending/ residency director to complain to the president of ABFAS to grant an extension

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I think we'll be affected. I don't know if anything will be done. My practice's first choice surgery center (large hospital system stand alone) has already shut down and announced they won't reopen until June. My alternate center is fighting closing, but I think they will ultimately cave. They are privately owned (ortho/DPMs) and I suspect it will be a financial blood bath for them. If they close I will also be negatively affected because they accept several very nice insurance plans that can't be brought to my main center.

Its probably too soon to make a joke about residents losing elective surgery and having to spend time in clinic so ya'll just think up your own punchline to this sentence.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think we'll be affected. I don't know if anything will be done. My practice's first choice surgery center (large hospital system stand alone) has already shut down and announced they won't reopen until June. My alternate center is fighting closing, but I think they will ultimately cave. They are privately owned (ortho/DPMs) and I suspect it will be a financial blood bath for them. If they close I will also be negatively affected because they accept several very nice insurance plans that can't be brought to my main center.

Its probably too soon to make a joke about residents losing elective surgery and having to spend time in clinic so ya'll just think up your own punchline to this sentence.

hospital ORs are closing due to lack of supplies for surgery. My hospital is down to 60 gowns.....

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Brings me back to all the times the nurses somehow managed to change the scrub tech in a 45 minutes case 3-5 times.
I dont understand this. Its so ridiculous. I turn around and its a totally different person. Poof. change. Turn around again and its again a totally different person. Each of which I have to educate for what we are doing/what the next steps are. They really shouldnt scrub out that much. Its disrupting to the cases.

Its also an infection issue with people entering/leaving/rescrubbing in so much.

Reactions: 1 users
I dont understand this. Its so ridiculous. I turn around and its a totally different person. Poof. change. Turn around again and its again a totally different person. Each of which I have to educate for what we are doing/what the next steps are. They really shouldnt scrub out that much. Its disrupting to the cases.

Its also an infection issue with people entering/leaving/rescrubbing in so much.
Oh yeah I remember this crap from residency. I can do a 3 hour case and have the same tech the whole time, I love it. Granted, I think my hospital has only 2 techs....

Reactions: 1 user
Oh yeah I remember this crap from residency. I can do a 3 hour case and have the same tech the whole time, I love it. Granted, I think my hospital has only 2 techs....
Not that it affects us but also anesthesia. Jesus, do they have to switch out so often because their butt goes numb and they just need to stretch their legs?

Not that it affects us but also anesthesia. Jesus, do they have to switch out so often because their butt goes numb and they just need to stretch their legs?

The anesthesiologists HAVE to get up. How else can they log onto the computer to check tee times and their investment portfolios?

Do any of us have any faith ABFAS will do right by us? Seems like they operate with the goal to fail or disqualify as many as possible already. This must be a wet dream for them.

Do any of us have any faith ABFAS will do right by us? Seems like they operate with the goal to fail or disqualify as many as possible already. This must be a wet dream for them.
They want your money. Don't worry you will pass on the third and final attempt after they've gotten a solid $10,000 out of you

Or you will pass if you answer the right questions and dont have shady work on xrays and workups...

Judging that about 50% of the people I went to school with were not fit to hold a scalpel I kind of understand the low pass rates.