Boards part 1 resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDCN

Reaction score
Any upperclassmen that has any board study resources (study guides, anki decks.... etc) willing to share to help out with board studying? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
First Aid was pretty good for Pathology, Microbiology and decent for Pharmacology and Biochemistry. Not great for Anatomy, Physiology or Neuro.
BRS was pretty good for Physiology. Otherwise used class notes.
I just used class notes for Lower, Gross Anatomy and Neuro.
I didn't really study histology - had like 2-3 questions total on the test.

Reactions: 1 user
I am going to start the podiatry in this coming Fall at AZPOD. Can any upperclassmen help me to explain how APMLE scores and how it is evaluated by residencies? Also, I heard from my friends at Western Pod that their upperclassmen took USMLE, and was this true? Am I allowed to sign up for USMLE as a Pod student?

I am going to start the podiatry in this coming Fall at AZPOD. Can any upperclassmen help me to explain how APMLE scores and how it is evaluated by residencies? Also, I heard from my friends at Western Pod that their upperclassmen took USMLE, and was this true? Am I allowed to sign up for USMLE as a Pod student?

Boards are pass fail. Pass it the first time.
Residencies in general value GPA, class rank, 1st time boards pass in order to extern at the program.

No, you are not allowed to sign up for the USMLE as a DPM student.

What do you hope to get from signing up for the USMLE as a DPM student?

Being a DPM will not fulfill your dream of being a DO. Your specialty is locked in from day 1.
I suggest you think long and hard before shotgunning back up plans.

Reactions: 1 user
Boards are pass fail. Pass it the first time.
Residencies in general value GPA, class rank, 1st time boards pass in order to extern at the program.

No, you are not allowed to sign up for the USMLE as a DPM student.

What do you hope to get from signing up for the USMLE as a DPM student?

Being a DPM will not fulfill your dream of being a DO. Your specialty is locked in from day 1.
I suggest you think long and hard before shotgunning back up plans.

Thank you for the advice! About the USMLE, I am just curious.