Boards Part 2 3rd time Re-test.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1162806

Hey guys, I retook my boards Part 2 last Wednesday. For some reason things didn't go quite as well for first and second time when I took it. My question is that how many questions do you need to get right to pass? Based on the questions I recall, I am around 140 to 150 questions right.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Id say the things you need to worry about now is residency. From what I can recall from previous years, you weren't able to match? Start looking into what viable programs are still open, and it honestly might be best for you to not go to the crappy NYC programs might be better to sit til next match get a full list

Go anywhere that will take you. Don't take the risk not matching.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

I think this thread above makes a lot of good points about scrambling vs waiting a year to match.

If you feel like you're competitive enough to transfer after a year, maybe just go somewhere and transfer next year!

I’ve heard from some people that depending on the amount of difficult questions , it’s average is around 80. Not sure if it’s true
Thanks for the response, then that is weird because I am pretty sure I had more than 80 right on both exams I took.

Thanks for the response, then that is weird because I am pretty sure I had more than 80 right on both exams I took.
People think that but I honestly people that pass, especially, overestimate how well they actually did.

I remember researching about 200 out of 205 questions from boards part 1 to see what percent I got correct, and it was like 55-60% right. I passed.

I just honestly think people in our field grossly overestimate their own scores when passing. Most people thinking they scored 75-80% of the questions right when they passed probably scored closer to 65% imho.

People think that but I honestly people that pass, especially, overestimate how well they actually did.

I remember researching about 200 out of 205 questions from boards part 1 to see what percent I got correct, and it was like 55-60% right. I passed.

I just honestly think people in our field grossly overestimate their own scores when passing. Most people thinking they scored 75-80% of the questions right when they passed probably scored closer to 65% imho.
That’s pretty impressive that you remembered 200 of the 205 questions , tbh

That’s pretty impressive that you remembered 200 of the 205 questions , tbh

I took the exam as if it meant life or death.

The questions were etched into my head. After the exam, I wrote down everything I remembered and had memorized 180 or so of the questions in a couple hours of thinking, and the next day I recalled around 200 total.

When I went to check the percentage of what I got right, I swear it was like 55-62%.

However, perhaps many of them were experimental questions that didn't count toward the running total. In this case, I suppose it could have been more like 65-70%.

But yea, I scored 55-62% right. And passed.

Reactions: 2 users