Boards without Approval?

Started by TylerDMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TylerDMD

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't move to the Board forum, not the audience I seek.

Can you you take the board exams without the official approval of you school. Would the school even know?

-Tyler
 
TylerDMD said:
Don't move to the Board forum, not the audience I seek.

Can you you take the board exams without the official approval of you school. Would the school even know?

-Tyler


I think that the dean, assoc. dean, or someone else appointed has to sign off that you have fulfilled the requirements to take the boards. I know that we had to be approved at our school for part I and I'm assuming it will be the same for part II.
 
ca_dreamin' said:
I think that the dean, assoc. dean, or someone else appointed has to sign off that you have fulfilled the requirements to take the boards. I know that we had to be approved at our school for part I and I'm assuming it will be the same for part II.
Ditto.
 
And I also know that the dean has up to 48 hours before the exam to pull the approval and you won't have an exam waiting for you. (not from personal experience 😀 )