Boardsvitals difference between MOC qbank and Psychiatry Board Review Questions and Practice Tests qbank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sikrouf

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

As per the tittle, is there a difference between psychiatry MOC qbank (1200 questions) and Psychiatry Board Review Questions and Practice Tests qbank (1450 questions) from boardvitals?

Is there any overlap or are these 2 different sets of questions - meaning i'd be getting 2650 questions if i were to buy both

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Im also studying for boards. Boardsvitals seemed solid, psychiatry boards prep (if thats the one you mean) I regret buying tbh. Their questions have a bunch of errors, and half are just "what percent has this" or extremely minute details

Im also studying for boards. Boardsvitals seemed solid, psychiatry boards prep (if thats the one you mean) I regret buying tbh. Their questions have a bunch of errors, and half are just "what percent has this" or extremely minute details
You must be mixing things up. Let me clarify for everyone.

Psychiatry Board Review is a product put out by Boardsvitals. That’s the one with too many errors in it like in the explanations and some confusion with diagnostic criteria.

Psychiatry Boards Prep is put out by psychiatrists. It doesn’t seem to have errors. I signed up for it and I’ve already gone through over 1000 questions and it’s solid. I’m very happy with it. No errors. In fact it has lengthy explanations that other prep programs seem to lack.

Last edited:
You must be mixing things up. Let me clarify for everyone.

Psychiatry Board Review is a product put out by Boardsvitals. That’s the one with too many errors in it like in the explanations and some confusion with diagnostic criteria.

Psychiatry Boards Prep is put out by psychiatrists. It doesn’t seem to have errors. I signed up for it and I’ve already gone through over 1000 questions and it’s solid. I’m very happy with it. No errors. In fact it has lengthy explanations that other prep programs seem to lack.

Ive completely gone through the question banks for BTB, boardsvitals, psych genius vignettes, KS, and now about 500 questions into psychiatry boards prep. PBP for sure has errors. One question had a blank answer choice that was somehow the correct answer. Another said select two, but you could only pick one so I got it wrong. Another said depressive disorders were most common which is untrue, anxiety disorders are, in adults. Another had CBT as the right choice in the explanation but the answer choice said increasing the benzo dose? Also theres almost no questions on diagnosis, and 1/3 are just asking about random percents. Also routinely, it looks like the amount of people getting many of their questions right is like 10 percent? Per the percents next to the answer choices. They do tend to ask about random things as opposed to other question banks.

I personally thought boardvitals had way less errors

Also another thing I hate about PBP- having a huge wall of text is a pain to go through sometimes. Sometimes they dont explain why the wrong answers are wrong (actually dont think they ever do this?) which can be helpful

Last edited by a moderator: