Boglepocalypse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr. Galazkiewicz

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like the markets are to be revealed as the Potemkin village they are. I have a downside target of negative 5000 for the Dow before the central banks step in and print like there's no tomorrow.

discovery-2018.jpg
 
Looks like the markets are to be revealed as the Potemkin village they are. I have a downside target of negative 5000 for the Dow before the central banks step in and print like there's no tomorrow.

discovery-2018.jpg
It's like you don't even understand buy and hold investing. We literally don't care what the markets do. I'm not touching my money for 39 years, so it really doesn't matter to me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's like you don't even understand buy and hold investing. We literally don't care what the markets do. I'm not touching my money for 39 years, so it really doesn't matter to me.

We're headed towards a global sovereign debt default. When the central banks "saved" the system in 2008, they put their balance sheets on the line. The monopoly board will be kicked up in the air next crisis for there is no more balance sheet capacity anywhere. The debt will be restructured. Question is, against what?
 
Think of it this way. If we see a dow:gold ratio of one again, then stocks will fall 95% from here measured against gold.
 
Here's another stupid video for Mman. 1/3 of the market gains since 09 have been due to buybacks.


 
Last edited:
Not so sure that’s going to happen bud.

You might find this interesting.

https://fredblog.stlouisfed.org/2017/12/all-that-glitters-is-not-a-good-store-of-value/

You are looking into the past few decades of the Petrodollar which was made big enough to serve as a global reserve in lieu of gold. That ended in 2014. China and Russia and Germany are going to a neutral reserve asset to bypass Triffin's Dilemma. A new Bretton Woods like accord is in the works. The infrastructure has been put in place since 2008. Like the phony oil crisis of 74 was an excuse to make oil "big enough", this neutral monetary asset on central bank balance sheets will be made big enough to serve as a balance of payment asset. it can be done by decree on any given Sunday just like when Tricky Dick closed the gold window.

For what it's worth, China has already opened the gold window in preparation for the RMB-OIL-GOLD triangle. March 26th is the start.

 
Last edited:
I'm back. The nurses take away my internet privileges on the weekend.
300px-Nurse_Ratched.jpg


I keep telling them I'm here voluntarily, but they won't let me leave.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad


21 million barrels of oil traded last nite for RMB, not USD, on the Shanghai Energy Exchange. 25% of global daily production.
 
The Koreas to be unified. It's a done deal. US troops to come home. End of US dollar as the global reserve currency. America First faction of military intelligence in charge.
 
Those passive ETFs that have FB and GOOG as top holdings? Uhh, so you thought all your porn history was deleted:inpain::

The real question...can they use my porn viewing history to recommend new, better porn that will match my interests based on an algorithm of some sort?

If so, I'll take all my money out of my Vanguard ETFs and go all in on Alphabet. They gonna make bank.
 
Those passive ETFs that have FB and GOOG as top holdings? Uhh, so you thought all your porn history was deleted:inpain::

That was actually a good Twitter thread to read. And I'm a privacy enthusiast. I'll have to see what Facebook and Google have saved on me, even after I've disabled most everything. Definitely curious what they still have in their exportable archives.
 
Think of it this way. If we see a dow:gold ratio of one again, then stocks will fall 95% from here measured against gold.
Never happening again my friend. I was there for the last crisis, when the DOW and Gold were supposed to meet by 2015. And I am familiar with hyperinflation. Heck, I used to read inflation.us daily. Despite all reason saying things will fail, at this point people just have faith in the dollar. And the US has the military to back up that faith anyhow. There will be no dollar apocalypse, although I suspect we will have plenty more 'recessions' to come.
 
There will be no dollar apocalypse, although I suspect we will have plenty more 'recessions' to come.
100% of fiat currencies in world history (out of thousands of them) have failed and eventually gone to 0 value. Every. single. currency. It's ludicrous to think that we are some kind of exception. Heck, the first fiat currency the US had failed completely, leading to one of the reasons the US Dollar was 100% backed to gold. Then Bretton Woods changed that to partially-backed. And now backed by nothing and floating.

Before Bernanke's multiple rounds of Quantitative Easing, currency debasement of that magnitude that had never been tried before. And now several other countries are using QE strategies, on top of Zero Interest Rate Policies and Negative (!) Interest Rate Policies.

It's a fact that we're in uncharted territory. I'm not saying the sky is falling, but it's silly to say that the US Dollar is somehow immune to its own demise, military or not.
 
Never happening again my friend. I was there for the last crisis, when the DOW and Gold were supposed to meet by 2015. And I am familiar with hyperinflation. Heck, I used to read inflation.us daily. Despite all reason saying things will fail, at this point people just have faith in the dollar. And the US has the military to back up that faith anyhow. There will be no dollar apocalypse, although I suspect we will have plenty more 'recessions' to come.

It's not inflation that will get us there. It's deflation. Real deflation that will destroy financial assets. And as far as the Us military backing up the dollar, the more the US squeezes our allies and foes, the more they will resist and pursue alternative payment systems.

A dollar apocalypse is most to occur as a new monetary accord. A new Bretton Woods. On any given Sunday....
 
100% of fiat currencies in world history (out of thousands of them) have failed and eventually gone to 0 value. Every. single. currency.
Except the 180 currencies currently in use worldwide, all of which are fiat currencies. That is, while some are pegged to other currencies (most commonly USD or Euro), not a single currency in the world is pegged to gold, silver, or any other hard asset.

You're literally only counting those currencies no longer in use. Which no **** they went to zero after they stopped being used, they're no longer in use! (And even that isn't true. Some of the older fiat currencies were just supplanted by a new currency and never went to zero. See deutschmarks, franks, lira, and all the other pre-Euro currencies)
 
Except the 180 currencies currently in use worldwide, all of which are fiat currencies. That is, while some are pegged to other currencies (most commonly USD or Euro), not a single currency in the world is pegged to gold, silver, or any other hard asset.

You're literally only counting those currencies no longer in use. Which no **** they went to zero after they stopped being used, they're no longer in use! (And even that isn't true. Some of the older fiat currencies were just supplanted by a new currency and never went to zero. See deutschmarks, franks, lira, and all the other pre-Euro currencies)
Amen.

Highly recommended series:

 
100% of fiat currencies in world history (out of thousands of them) have failed and eventually gone to 0 value. Every. single. currency. It's ludicrous to think that we are some kind of exception. Heck, the first fiat currency the US had failed completely, leading to one of the reasons the US Dollar was 100% backed to gold. Then Bretton Woods changed that to partially-backed. And now backed by nothing and floating.

Before Bernanke's multiple rounds of Quantitative Easing, currency debasement of that magnitude that had never been tried before. And now several other countries are using QE strategies, on top of Zero Interest Rate Policies and Negative (!) Interest Rate Policies.

It's a fact that we're in uncharted territory. I'm not saying the sky is falling, but it's silly to say that the US Dollar is somehow immune to its own demise, military or not.
I am well aware of helicopter Ben and am not a fan. But we are raising interest rates, not staying at zero. It appears that as long as people believe in the dollar (which they do by and large) it doesn't matter what the fed does. QE3 should have killed the dollar if nothing else did, but it didn't. Gold went up to like $1962 a ounce, but then the sky wasn't falling and it came back down.

I am not against you guys, but you have to deal in reality, the dollar is not the zimbawae fiat or Venzuelas currently worthless money. Beside everyone should be aware that any time you keep your assets in cash you will be a loser in everything but severe deflation (which has no chance of happening). The people who owned stocks in Weimar Germany still did alright. Gold was better, but not so much that I would go crazy. And Gold has sucked the last 6 years if you bought when the dollar was crashing in 2011, whereas if you had bought stocks you have probably doubled or tripled since then.
 
It's not inflation that will get us there. It's deflation. Real deflation that will destroy financial assets. And as far as the Us military backing up the dollar, the more the US squeezes our allies and foes, the more they will resist and pursue alternative payment systems.

A dollar apocalypse is most to occur as a new monetary accord. A new Bretton Woods. On any given Sunday....
I like you. But I think you are wrong, admittedly that is partly based on my personal beliefs about 'end times', rather than purely financial reasons, however I think there is strong support either way. The US will remain a dominant superpower till the end.
 
QE3 should have killed the dollar if nothing else did, but it didn't.
These things take decades to impact. You can't say that this isn't insane:

iu


I can't articulate it, but in Episode 1, someone commented that the US has effectively outsourced our inflation via QE, hidings its real effects. As soon as those dollars come back home, it'll cause a shock.
And Gold has sucked the last 6 years if you bought when the dollar was crashing in 2011, whereas if you had bought stocks you have probably doubled or tripled since then.
It's weird you keep bringing up gold as if it's some kind of investment like stocks. Or that you keep comparing gold to stocks. It's not. It's a hedge against currency collapse. Just because some people treat PMs like investments doesn't mean that's their real purpose. Money vs. currency.

Recommend watching the video series above...only a few hours and lots of good info. 🙂
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Re-reading Page 1,
It's like you don't even understand buy and hold investing. We literally don't care what the markets do. I'm not touching my money for 39 years, so it really doesn't matter to me.
I don't think the point of this thread was talking about investing at all, market ups and downs, booms and busts. I think she was going for sovereign debt crisis +/- currency crisis.

If you look at U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time you'll come to see how the exponential growth curves we're on are not sustainable long term.
 
These things take decades to impact. You can't say that this isn't insane:

iu


I can't articulate it, but in one of his other videos (not in that series), someone commented that the US has effectively outsourced our inflation via QE, hidings its real effects. As soon as those dollars come back home, it'll cause a shock.

It's weird you keep bringing up gold as if it's some kind of investment like stocks. Or that you keep comparing gold to stocks. It's not. It's a hedge against currency collapse. Just because some people treat PMs like investments doesn't mean that's they're real purpose. Money vs. currency.

Recommend watching the video series above...only a few hours and lots of good info. 🙂
At least you understand this. I have some gold just for this reason. Its fine insurance, but a poor investment. Seems that many times people get it confused, or rather, use the economic situation to sell gold. Also, will watch the videos, not all now since its past my bedtime tho 🙂
 
Last edited:
Re-reading Page 1,

I don't think the point of this thread was talking about investing at all, market ups and downs, booms and busts. I think she was going for sovereign debt crisis +/- currency crisis.

If you look at U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time you'll come to see how the exponential growth curves we're on are not sustainable long term.
I love the national debt clock, have been watching it since 2010. It was quite a bit smaller back then.
What are your beliefs about end times?
Will pm.