cocokeala

katonk!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 30, 2006
california
Status
Dental Student
OMG i am taking the KAPLAN course and i took my diagnostic over since i am near the end of the course and i only got worse with the reading comp and QR. i really try to do the roadmap fast but i always run out of time on every practice test that i do. :( does anyone have any other methods to do the reading section faster? also i am really starting to panic because i keep getting only 18s on my kaplan practice exams for bio chem and ochem boo....

Mackchops

Toothy grin
15+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2003
San Antonio
www.uthscsa.edu
Status
Dentist
cocokeala said:
OMG i am taking the KAPLAN course and i took my diagnostic over since i am near the end of the course and i only got worse with the reading comp and QR. i really try to do the roadmap fast but i always run out of time on every practice test that i do. :( does anyone have any other methods to do the reading section faster? also i am really starting to panic because i keep getting only 18s on my kaplan practice exams for bio chem and ochem boo....
My number one suggestion? Keep cool. You're smart or else you wouldn't be considering this profession so you'll have no problem converting those smarts to DAT success. Remember that Kaplan isn't the real thing and as long as you've done everything you can to prepare you'll do great on the real test.

As for actual strategy, I would highly recommend talking this over with the kaplan people. Some centers are better than others but everyone has strategies and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to come up with some extra study materials for you. The way I do it is I avoid the "main idea" questions until the very end and then, once I've done enough searching and reading to answer the other questions I have a fairly good idea of what the passage is about. It's been working for me... just try to find your own style.

Mack

OP
cocokeala

cocokeala

katonk!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 30, 2006
california
Status
Dental Student
hehe thanks for your advice! i'll try to talk to my teacher about more strategies. i'll try out your method as well on my next practice test. practicing the reading section requires a lot of discipline for me :p lol but practice is what i NEED! :D

About the Ads

Dan3223

Temple bound :)
10+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2006
Philadelphia
Status
Dental Student
The kaplan practice tests are designed to be harder than the actual DAT...
Your Kaplan scores will be much lower than your actual DAT scores.

vize

10+ Year Member
May 8, 2006
Status
Dental Student
that's true... i got a 13 on the diagnostic and 6 weeks later i got an 18 on the kaplan final. 2 weeks after that i got a 21 on the real thing

About the Ads