book for 4th year path rotation?

Started by Rbrav
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rbrav

Junior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In two weeks, I begin the glory that is 4th year. I want to go into pathology, so I'm starting off with one month of surg path at my school. Can anyone recommend a good book to read for the rotation, and/or to sit down and go all the way through the weekend before it starts? I have BRS Path and Wheater's, but I'm not sure if those are appropriate. I also have a baby Robbins, but that strikes me as too long for a study source.
 
I think the Robbins Q-book may be helpful. Its goes into a fair bit of detail, but its not too bad to get through.
 
No one realy expects you to know much and there really isn't something you can read in a weekend that's going to prepare you for the rotation. Just go in, show interest, ask questions (but not too many), and read about what you are seeing on a day-to-day basis. I am a big proponent of Pathologic Basis of Disease (aka Big Robbins), so that is what I used for my Surg Path electives when we had a case that I wanted to read about, and if it wasn't in there I went to the resident's library for Sternberg. Seriously, no one is going to expect you to know much of anything.