Book for derm away rotation exams?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CrimsonMirage

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

All the schools I am doing away rotations at require an end-of-rotation derm exam. I am a little nervous and wondering how to study for these. Any suggestions? I keep hearing that Principles of Dermatology by Lookingbill/Marks is good. I'd love to get your opinions.

Also, any video lectures or question sets for preparation are also appreciated. Thanks!👍
 
Some good resources:

The AAD has online modules for medical students (there's a 2 and 4-week curriculum I think).

http://www.aad.org/education/medical-student-core-curriculum

I also think the Lookingbill book was excellent. I used that when I did my derm rotation and learned a lot. It's relatively short and I it think covers anything a medical student would be expected to have some knowledge about.

Another resource would be the Derm101 iphone/ipad app. It has a lot on the fly information (like differentials, treatments, etc.). Usually costs money, but you can get 1 month subscription for free for your rotation.