Book for Neuro clerkship / Shelf Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perzian

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

What are your recommendations for books to use during the clerkship that will prepare well for shelf exam?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Perzian said:
Hello,

What are your recommendations for books to use during the clerkship that will prepare well for shelf exam?

Thanks

I mostly used Blueprints and Pretest which were good as combined sources. I just got my score today and was very pleased. I also used Clinical Neurology(CN) by Greenberg as a reference.

Ideally, you would want to read CN to really have your Neuro down and to do some good in-depth Neuro studying since it is a great, detailed book. But the pimp questions were coming too much like a rain storm for me to try to get through that book on a one-month rotation since it is a bit on the dense side but it is pretty easy reading since it is written well.

Blueprints is really like an overview but you can read that baby fairly quickly and it can cover commmon pimp questions plus the Pretest will help to feel in gaps. I would get all three since the Greenberg book is definitely something you can use for residency if you plan on going into Neuro.