1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Book List Question

Discussion in 'Dental' started by mitechgrl, Aug 8, 2006.

1. mitechgrl

mitechgrl Member
    7+ Year Member

I just got my book list from U of MI, there are 10+ books on it. Do I need to get them all? If I will use them all, then I will for surely buy them, but I just don't want to buy books that I won't need. Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. WVUdental

WVUdental Membership Revoked
    Removed

As far as I know this is a question for your future PROFESSORS!

e-mail them and ask which are required and which are recommended.

never buy recommended.

4. Mustt Mustt

Mustt Mustt Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I will also be attending U of M. I got the same list that you got. there are couple of 2nd yr michigan students hangout here so hopefully they will be able to chime in.

5. Sweeti8286

Sweeti8286 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dentist
    There are a few books that you need because it will help you understand the stuff due to the way the prof lectures or it will be useful for a future class as well, so may as well get it now and get more out of it. I don't know if the classes you are taking is the same as what I took last year...so if you want...you can send me the list of books via PM and I can tell you what I recommend. :)

See you guys soon!

6. Biogirl361

Biogirl361 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

oops i didn't see this post until after i pm'd you mustt! for everyone else, in a nutshell, i recommended getting all of the books except IMS and clinical foundations.
    -the biomaterials you won't really need first semester but you will want it for second semester so might as well get it now.
    -the ethics book and behavior coursepack you will need to read for in class activities and quizzes.
    -developmental bio they have powerpoints but they are mostly pictures and you have to scribble down notes in class when he talks, so i think the book is good to have around to clarify things when you go back and try to make sense of your notes.
    -micro coursepack you will need for lab (this may actually be listed under the IMS section because the micro lab is incorporated into IMS).

have fun with all that ;)

7. dentaldentist

dentaldentist Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I created a listmania list on amazon with the michigan text books for first year students. I'm just planning on buying the books I feel I need along the way.

Michigan First Year Books