Book List Question

Started by mitechgrl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mitechgrl

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got my book list from U of MI, there are 10+ books on it. Do I need to get them all? If I will use them all, then I will for surely buy them, but I just don't want to buy books that I won't need. Thanks!
 
mitechgrl said:
I just got my book list from U of MI, there are 10+ books on it. Do I need to get them all? If I will use them all, then I will for surely buy them, but I just don't want to buy books that I won't need. Thanks!


As far as I know this is a question for your future PROFESSORS!

e-mail them and ask which are required and which are recommended.


never buy recommended.
 
mitechgrl said:
I just got my book list from U of MI, there are 10+ books on it. Do I need to get them all? If I will use them all, then I will for surely buy them, but I just don't want to buy books that I won't need. Thanks!

I will also be attending U of M. I got the same list that you got. there are couple of 2nd yr michigan students hangout here so hopefully they will be able to chime in.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are a few books that you need because it will help you understand the stuff due to the way the prof lectures or it will be useful for a future class as well, so may as well get it now and get more out of it. I don't know if the classes you are taking is the same as what I took last year...so if you want...you can send me the list of books via PM and I can tell you what I recommend. 🙂

See you guys soon!
 
oops i didn't see this post until after i pm'd you mustt! for everyone else, in a nutshell, i recommended getting all of the books except IMS and clinical foundations.
-the biomaterials you won't really need first semester but you will want it for second semester so might as well get it now.
-the ethics book and behavior coursepack you will need to read for in class activities and quizzes.
-developmental bio they have powerpoints but they are mostly pictures and you have to scribble down notes in class when he talks, so i think the book is good to have around to clarify things when you go back and try to make sense of your notes.
-micro coursepack you will need for lab (this may actually be listed under the IMS section because the micro lab is incorporated into IMS).

have fun with all that 😉