Book/Reading for Clinical Chemistry

Started by univlad
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

univlad

Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've started my clinical chemistry rotation and it seems I've just been thrown back to my desk with a huge red book (Tietz). I've gotten very little in the way of direction.

What books/reading did you do to learn about clinical chemistry?
 
univlad said:
I've started my clinical chemistry rotation and it seems I've just been thrown back to my desk with a huge red book (Tietz). I've gotten very little in the way of direction.

What books/reading did you do to learn about clinical chemistry?

Tietz has 2 different books, the big red one is NOT the one you should be reading, the Teitz Essentials of Clinical Chemistry which has a purplish cover and is like 1/4 the size is what most read. Other than that the ASCP note set or the Olser set are nice primers. Personally, I would spend more time on management essentials than the actual science of clin chem.
 
LADoc00 said:
Tietz has 2 different books, the big red one is NOT the one you should be reading, the Teitz Essentials of Clinical Chemistry which has a purplish cover and is like 1/4 the size is what most read. Other than that the ASCP note set or the Olser set are nice primers. Personally, I would spend more time on management essentials than the actual science of clin chem.


Is this it?: Fundamentals of Clinical Chemistry?
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bo...ox7TPOWBrm&isbn=0721686346&TXT=Y&itm=1&pers=n