Book/Reading for Clinical Chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

univlad

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've started my clinical chemistry rotation and it seems I've just been thrown back to my desk with a huge red book (Tietz). I've gotten very little in the way of direction.

What books/reading did you do to learn about clinical chemistry?

Members don't see this ad.

univlad said:
I've started my clinical chemistry rotation and it seems I've just been thrown back to my desk with a huge red book (Tietz). I've gotten very little in the way of direction.

What books/reading did you do to learn about clinical chemistry?

Tietz has 2 different books, the big red one is NOT the one you should be reading, the Teitz Essentials of Clinical Chemistry which has a purplish cover and is like 1/4 the size is what most read. Other than that the ASCP note set or the Olser set are nice primers. Personally, I would spend more time on management essentials than the actual science of clin chem.

LADoc00 said:
Tietz has 2 different books, the big red one is NOT the one you should be reading, the Teitz Essentials of Clinical Chemistry which has a purplish cover and is like 1/4 the size is what most read. Other than that the ASCP note set or the Olser set are nice primers. Personally, I would spend more time on management essentials than the actual science of clin chem.

Is this it?: Fundamentals of Clinical Chemistry?
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bo...ox7TPOWBrm&isbn=0721686346&TXT=Y&itm=1&pers=n