Book Recommendations

Started by fozzy40
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fozzy40

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I'm a PM&R resident and looking for some book recommendations. I'm trying to learn more about kinesiology, biomechanics, motor control/learning.

I really like Neumann's "Kinesiology of the Musculoskeletal System." I'm looking for a good book on motor control.

Any recommendations?

Thank you🙂

fozzy40
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Biomechanics: Norkin and Levangie, Joint Structure and Function

Jacquelin Perry's text on Gait Analysis is also an excellent book if you are interested in any locomotion retraining.

Motor Control/Learning: Sullivan and Ryerson are coming out with an excellent neurological physical therapy text that should be in print by end of the year...I would wait for that.