Books and Fees

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cpw

It's a boy !!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wrote a 2000 dollar check for equipment! Ahhhhh!!! Does any other health profession require this much stuff? I'm not complaining.. just curious. I like gadgets. It's good to be in a gadget profession. (guys dig chicks with gadgets, right?) ;)

Members don't see this ad.

be thankful you're not in dental school...1st year students at most dental schools pay in excess of $4500 in equipment expenses just for the first year.

Well, we will spend up to 5k in equipment by the end of the first year. Two thousand is just the initial kit we need the first day of classes. Then we spend another 2k at the end of the first semester.. and then another 700 at the beginning of our second semester. So, it sounds like we're in the same boat.

But, it's good to know we're not the only profession requiring a lot of extra equipment and fees. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
So, what kind of cool stuff did you buy?? I wont know what Im buying until orientation? Cool. :D

well, here's the list of required items for first year students at UHCO.
This is just the list of what we have to have for the first day of classes. (we have to buy more at the end of the semester)

Required Items:

Clinic kit $50
Trial Lens Kit w/ frame and well holder $815
Snellen Acuity Slide $39
Vectographic Slide $229
Volk +20D Lens (clear) $119
Optical Tool Kit and Lens Clock $238
Loose Prisms (set of 16) $84
Ishihara Color Plates (24) $123
Stethoscope and Sphygmomanometer $95
0.50D X-cyl Flipper $25

That's all folks.. Grand total 1995.66 (including tax)

OUCH! :eek: