books for 4th year path electives?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovepath

Y
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
beyond wheater's and robbins any suggestions???

Members don't see this ad.

If you are doing surgical pathology - consider Sternberg or Rosai. Also useful is Sternberg Histology for Pathologists. There is a Silverberg text that includes histology and cytology. Maybe pathology secrets.

I posted this before, but the Rosai text (as originally written by Ackerman) was a textbook designed for med students. Now, it is more path oriented, but since it has one author and does cover basics it wouldn't be out of your realm. It is long though.

I am not the biggest fan of histology for pathologists - I find it a bit cumbersome and not that helpful.

I recently discovered this series http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/bookdescription.cws_home/BS_FDP/description#description which is called "Foundations of diagnostic pathology" and has some good algorithms and descriptions.

Members don't see this ad :)
djmd said:
See if I said that, it would sound like I was getting kick backs.. :smuggrin: But I agree the Neuro volume has been well recieved, and If they all have that level of information without overwhelming it could be quite good..

Haha yeah that's probably true. But his name is on everything these days .

The one I have seen so far is the GI book, and I thought it was good for the non-neoplastic stuff.

yaah said:
Haha yeah that's probably true. But his name is on everything these days .

The one I have seen so far is the GI book, and I thought it was good for the non-neoplastic stuff.

Ahh I don't have or plan on getting the GI one, seems like duplication seeing as I have This long(more expensive book)

But I think I'm getting the GU, and debating the head and neck one... (my book fund is used up (see other thread) so it is out of my pocket now..

hey thanks for the suggestions guys, hopefully there are cheaper ways of getting these...you guys prob mainly get most of them when you're pgy1 and have a book fund?