Books for an M4 PICU month?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigRedBeta

Why am I in a handbasket?
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be doing an away rotation in Peds Critical Care and wanted to know if there are any books I should pick up before I head out in a couple weeks. I have a Harriet Lane already, but as I'm hoping to perform well enough for an LOR, anything extra would be a big help.

Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm doing PICU now and haven't found any books that were really useful, but this website has some very good powerpoints that give a broad introduction to PICU. The attendings and fellows on my rotation highly recommend it as the best source for students and residents rotating with them.

I'm going to be doing an away rotation in Peds Critical Care and wanted to know if there are any books I should pick up before I head out in a couple weeks. I have a Harriet Lane already, but as I'm hoping to perform well enough for an LOR, anything extra would be a big help.

Any suggestions?

Marino's "ICU Book" is not pediatric specific but is a great review of pertinent topics like physiology, acid-base disorders, ventilator management, electrolyte disorders etc. I still rely on this book in the NICU as a resident. I also found this book very "readable."