Books for chest, abdominal, pelvis imaging

Started by clutch21
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

clutch21

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I posted in the recommended reading sticky, but traffic seemed stale. Sorry for creating a standalone thread. This thread is aimed for everyone but would love @Gadofosveset to chime in.

I want to make a doable rotation specific reading list for R1 (in addition to Core, minnies, and top 3 diff). Most people mention Webb's body CT to cover both CT chest and body. It also seems to have a small section on pelvis. However, some have said this text is a little too general. I was looking at Problem solving in abdominal imaging as an alternative, however this leaves a hole in both chest and pelvis. Was looking at thoracic imaging by Webb and GU radiology by Dunnick to cover chest/pelvis, but wasn't sure how realistic 3 separate books would be in R1. Any advice on this? R1 year at my program is pretty cushy.

Also, is neuro requisites still the best way to go? I don't plan on owning B&H and the osborn text is absurdly expensive.
 

I’m a big follower of Ben White’s content and used this list as a reference to making my reading list. I know Webb’s CT is the consensus R1 choice right now, but problem solving in imaging is newer and seems to be gaining traction. I was thinking of reading it instead in R1, but not if it wouldn’t be practical to make it through other books to cover chest and pelvis as well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m a big follower of Ben White’s content and used this list as a reference to making my reading list. I know Webb’s CT is the consensus R1 choice right now, but problem solving in imaging is newer and seems to be gaining traction. I was thinking of reading it instead in R1, but not if it wouldn’t be practical to make it through other books to cover chest and pelvis as well.
As I’m taking the core literally this week, I would advise you stick to Core, Aunt Minnie, and Top3 during your R1 and supplement with ACR case in points and selected reading about the cases you read each day.
 
As I’m taking the core literally this week, I would advise you stick to Core, Aunt Minnie, and Top3 during your R1 and supplement with ACR case in points and selected reading about the cases you read each day.

what is the best source for radiology-focused review articles