Books for DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kingo1996

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew how old books had to be to still be wroth studying if im taking the DAT in the summer of 2019. I have a 2012 kaplan, biocliff notes 3rth edition ( idk what year it is but i heard it may not be as useful anymore), and i have another kaplan book from 2012. I just want to review since i have a year, only for reading, math, PAT and some bio. Do you guys think this is too old or would it be like the exam?

Thank you everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew how old books had to be to still be wroth studying if im taking the DAT in the summer of 2019. I have a 2012 kaplan, biocliff notes 3rth edition ( idk what year it is but i heard it may not be as useful anymore), and i have another kaplan book from 2012. I just want to review since i have a year, only for reading, math, PAT and some bio. Do you guys think this is too old or would it be like the exam?

Thank you everyone!
Cliff’s AP Bio Notes are good for general information, but I would also recommend reading DAT Bootcamp’s biology notes and/or Dr. Romano’s Bio Notes (you can join the FB page and get them for free!). I’m taking the DAT next week, and I feel confident thanks to DAT Destroyer and Math Destroyer. I highly recommend you buy that bundle— these books are challenging, but if you want a competitive score look no further! I’m skeptical of Kaplan just from what I’ve heard on SDN amongst other websites/forums on the interne. Kaplan is either too easy or too hard. Sounds like the edition you have may be outdated especially because there are now “quantitative comparison” questions on the QR section. Also, I’m not sure if Kaplan has the rock keyholes for PAT, those seem relatively new. Overall, I highly recommend you invest in DAT Destroyer and if you have an extra $250, potentially DAT Bootcamp. Hope this helps!